Short Term Awards
Short Term Awards are a new feature of Australia Awards in Indonesia and complement the Long Term Awards that have been running for more than 60 years.
Short Term Awards enable Australia Awards in Indonesia to be flexible and responsive to the needs of organisations and sectors. Short Term Awards equip individuals with knowledge, skills and attitudes to contribute to their organisation’s priorities, to strengthen organisations and to develop people-to-people links between Indonesians, and between Indonesians and Australians. Typically, Short Term Awards involve up to 25 participants; are two to three weeks in duration and involve three day pre-course and post-course workshops in Indonesia.
Up to 350 Short Term Awards will be offered each year to senior Indonesian decision makers and influencers who want to develop new skills and increase their networks and potential through tailored short courses at reputable Australian tertiary education institutions.
Short Term Awards Key Features
- Specialised course delivered by reputable Australian education providers
- Flexibility for senior staff who may have already received a post-graduate qualifications or are unable to be released for long-term study
- Provision of support for pre-course and post-course workshops
- Opportunities for professional networking through meetings, events and site visits in Australia
- Provision of support for personal or group Short Term Award development project for participants
- Opportunities for networking with more than 100,000 alumni in Indonesia, most of whom have an excellent record of rising to positions of leadership across a wide range of fields
- Selection processes are highly competitive
Short Term Award Benefits
Short Term Award recipients will generally receive the following:
- In-Indonesia pre-course and post-course workshops, including domestic return airfare to workshop locations in Indonesia
- In-Indonesia and in-Australia accommodation and stipend
- International return airfare to short course location in Australia
- Full tuition fees
- Australian visa and health insurance for the duration of the Short Term Awards
Short Term Award Structure
Short Term Awards include a three day pre-award workshop in Indonesia, a short course delivered in Australia and a three-day post-course workshop in Indonesia focusing on the implementation of the Award Projects.
To ensure that participants apply learnings within their organisations and wider community, participation in Short Term Awards is underpinned by an Award Project methodology. Each participant delivers and implements a personal or group development project. The focus areas of the projects are determined by the organisations in consultation with the individuals to reflect organisational needs and desired outputs and outcomes.
1. Policies for the Disengagement and Rehabilitation of Violent Extremists Short Term Awards, Closing Date: 15 September 2019
2. Agriculture Policy Promoting Competitiveness Short Term Awards, Closing Date: 18 September 2019
3. Social and Protection Policy, Institutional Arrangements and Data Coordination Short Term Awards, closing date: 20 October 2019