The 2019 Alumni Awards
The Australian Embassy in Jakarta recognises and honours Australian alumni of all ages who have gained unique distinction and made outstanding contributions to their profession, community and country through exemplary leadership, integrity, innovation and hard work.
Supported by the Australian Embassy, the 2019 Australian Alumni of the Year Awards is the most distinguished honours given to alumni who have demonstrated achievements at a local, national or international level.
Award winners are invited to the prestigious 2019 Alumni Annual Gala Dinner. As a result of attendance, Award winners gain further benefits through increased publicity of profile enhancement and international recognition as well as increased network opportunities.
The objectives of the 2019 Australian Alumni Awards are to:
- recognise and showcase the significant contribution made by Australian Alumni in their professional fields;
- position alumni as advocates and ambassadors for Australia within their respective fields;
- Highlight and showcase Australia as an excellent “education destination” for prospective Indonesians students by profiling the exceptional - achievements of those who have undertaken Australian educational studies;
- help broaden and deepen the people-to-people links between Australia and Indonesia.
Who can apply?
The Alumni Awards are open to all Indonesian nationals who have graduated from a recognised Australian tertiary institution, including participants in short-term tertiary courses.
All applicants, except past award winners, may re-apply.
How to apply?
If you are an alumnus, you are encouraged to put yourself forward for the Award or nominate an alumnus who you think is deserving of the Award. With your nomination, you can help recognise alumni who have attained distinguished career success and performed outstanding service to their community and Indonesia.
Self-nominations are permitted. If you have applied yourself or are nominating someone, you are asked to provide supporting documents, including, but not limited to:
- Current biography or curriculum vitae;
- Personal stories, e.g. your/their experience of studying in Australia and how this has contributed to your/their achievements;
- Soft copy of award or certificates of achievement; and
- Other items of interest, e.g. links to research publication, news articles, multimedia/audio-visual content and project websites.
Third party nominations can be received from a range of sources, including Australian universities, employers and community members.
All applicants should complete and submit an Alumni Award Nomination Form online by 15 March 2019.
Criteria for Selection
The 2019 Alumni Awards recognise achievements namely within the followings criteria:
- Demonstrated visionary leadership, innovation (and entrepreneurship) and best practice at a local, national or international level; and
- Demonstrated personal commitment to principles and values of fairness, equality and equity
- Evidence of outstanding contribution to and recognition by their profession or industry
- Have commendable aspirations to create future impact
- Demonstrated commitment/contribution to promoting linkages between Australia and Indonesia
- Evidence of outstanding contributions to and recognition by the community and their profession towards promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment and ending violence against women and children; and or promoting multifaith, peace and justice
The selection panel may also consider:
- Degree of difficulty of the achievement and efforts invested;
- Achievements as an individual or as part of a group or organisation; and
- Magnitude and significance of impacts.
What are the selection processes?
Australia Global Alumni team in Indonesia, in consultation with the Australian Embassy, will shortlist applications for review and validation by the Awards Selection Panel comprising of Australia Global Alumni team in Indonesia, and representation from the Australian Embassy Jakarta.
The shortlisted nominations will be assessed against the above selection criteria by the selection panel. Final candidates of the Awards are then submitted to the Australian Embassy Jakarta for final consideration and approval. Applicants, nominees and nominators will be advised of the outcome of their nomination by the Australia Global Alumni team in Indonesia, prior to the Award presentation at a special Alumni Gala Dinner on 27 April 2019 Please note that only Award winners will be invited to the Gala Dinner.
15 February 2019
15 March 2019
Successful Nominations - Individual Announcement
22 March 2019
Unsuccessful Nominations - Individual Announcement
25 March 2019
Announcement of Awards (at the prestigious 2019 Gala Dinner)
27 April 2019