Alumni Grant Scheme (AGS)
Alumni Grant Scheme mobilises alumni to put their experience, knowledge and networks to use to address development challenges in their professional fields or communities. In doing so, alumni promote the quality of Australia’s education, science, research and innovation credentials including through partnering with Australian individuals and institutions. Learn more about our AGS success stories here.
The AGS offers seed funding, on a competitive basis, for initiatives that create impact in alumni’s professional field, organisation and community.
The objectives of the AGS are:
- to provide alumni with opportunities to enhance and capitalise on their knowledge and skills to improve practice in their professional fields and communities;
- to develop, maintain and strengthen professional linkages and partnerships between alumni and the Australian government, and Australian businesses, organisations and educational institutions;
- to connect alumni to each other across disciplines and professions, organisations and institutions, and geographic areas in order to share good practice and create opportunities for collaboration; to develop a network of alumni who view Australia’s capabilities and credentials in a positive light; and,
- to showcase Australia’s excellence as a global provider of high-quality education and research.
Up to 25 grants are available under the current AGS round. Alumni can only submit one proposal in each round of application.
Category 1: Project Grant
The Project Grant provides up to AUD $10,000 for alumni to undertake their initiative. Additional funding (up to AUD $5,000) is available for proposals that partner with an Australian organisation or secure funding from alternate sources:
- while the AGS is about utilising alumni skills and knowledge, we also want alumni to maintain and build their links to Australia. If your project is in partnership with an Australian organisation or institution, you may be eligible for an additional AUD $2,000.
- the AGS provides financial incentives for securing alternate funding sources to support project delivery. We will provide alumni with an additional 50% of a third-party contribution, to a maximum of AUD $3,000.
All Australian Alumni in Indonesia are eligible to apply for the Project Grant. However, priority will be given to alumni who have not been awarded an AGS.
Category 2: Follow-on Grant
The Follow-on Grant is intended to scale-up or conduct follow-up activities of an AGS project. If alumni were previously awarded an AGS Project Grant and their project requires follow-up activities, they may apply for a Follow-on Grant of up to AUD $10,000.
Applicants will need to clearly demonstrate that their project is achieving the objectives stated in the previous project if they wish to apply for a Follow-on Grant.
We welcome AGS projects that are innovative and offer alumni the opportunity to put their knowledge and skills to good use. We also have a strong commitment to supporting women, people with a disability and those who work or live in areas affected by disaster, and strongly encourage them to apply. Projects related to COVID-19 recovery effort are strongly encouraged.
How to Apply AGS?
The AGS is open to all Indonesian nationals who have graduated from a recognised Australian tertiary institution, including recipients of Australian Government scholarships, Government of Indonesia scholarships, and private fee-paying students.
The AGS is also open to all Indonesian nationals who have completed short-term tertiary courses at registered Australian institutions through Australia Awards Fellowships and Short Courses and the Department of Immigration, Customs and Border Control ELICOS program. Indonesian nationals who have participated in Australian government hosted programs are also eligible to apply.
The 2022 AGS Round 1 are open on 22 November 2021. Please fill out the application and submit it before 23 January 2022, at 23:45 WIB (Western Indonesia Time).
The Australian Embassy has a strong commitment to supporting women and people with a disability and strongly encourages these alumni to apply. Applicants from Geographic Focus Areas are also encouraged to apply.
AGS Guidelines and important documents to submit
We encourage alumni to download and read the following documents before applying for the AGS.
- AGS Guidelines in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- AGS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) in English and Bahasa Indonesia
You should only submit the required documents listed below in the online application. We will not consider any other documents. You must use the templates provided and complete them according to the instructions, otherwise your application will be deemed ineligible.
Supporting documents for the AGS application:
- Project budget. You must fill out a project budget.
- Letter of financial commitment. When applicable, please submit a letter of commitment from all AGS partner organisations including those that are making third-party cash contribution to the proposed project.
- Letter of support. If you collaborate with third party organisations in Indonesia or Australia in your project, please attach a letter of support from these organisations.
- Scan of ID Card (KTP/ Passport) of the AGS project team leader.
- Statement of graduation of the AGS project team leader or other documents to prove his or her eligibility as an Australia alumnus
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the AGS project team leader. Keep your CV brief, ideally to a maximum of three pages.
- Endorsement Letter. If the AGS project leader is employed as a staff of Indonesian government institution (PNS) he or she must submit an endorsement letter in PDF format signed by a referee and stamped by the referred organisation. Self-employed applicants are not required to provide an endorsement letter.
While we have taken several steps to improve the website’s capabilities to handle the bandwidth of increased traffic, we strongly encourage applicants to begin the process as early as possible to free up our traffic and anticipate your wait times for uploading your documents.
Late submissions will not be accepted.