11 Feb 2019
Call for Expression of Interest: the 2019 Regional Women’s Leadership Initiative
Are you an Australia Awards alumna seeking to connect with women alumni leaders from across the ASEAN region and wanting to advance the growth of women’s leadership capacity and contribution to national and regional development? Join in the Regional Women’s Leadership Initiative on 4-7 April in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
This event is initiated by Australia Awards Cambodia in partnership with the Australian Alumni Association of Cambodia (AAA-C) to facilitate Australia Awards women alumni from across the ASEAN region to connect, mobilise, celebrate and to further their development as leaders and influencers of regional development.
To be eligible, you have to:
- Be an Australia Awards Scholarships woman alumna who has completed a country-based women’s leadership program and/or has significant professional and practical leadership experience and capacity;
- Represent a diverse range of sectors and disciplines;
- Have returned from Australia between 2 and 10 years ago (indicative only - this does not need to be strictly applied but aims to engage women at the peak of their career);
- Occupy positions in their organisations where they have some scope to influence public, organisational and/or community policy and practice in relation to issues of gender equality, social inclusion, women’s empowerment or use of equity strategies (such as in education, recruitment, succession and so on).
- Be available to travel to Phnom Penh to participate in the event. The event will be participatory and include some participant-delivered activities. Some preparation prior to the event may be required.
Round trip tickets, accommodation, airport transfer and per-diem for participation in this event will be covered by Australia Awards in Indonesia.
Register here by 11 PM, on 3 March 2019!