About Australia Awards
- Australia Awards Scholarships
Australia Awards Scholarships provide opportunities to citizens of participating countries from Asia, the Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, for full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at Australian institutions.
- Australia Awards Fellowships
Australia Awards Fellowships offer Australian organisations the opportunity to deepen their links with leaders and professionals in developing countries through high-quality training, targeted at current and future leaders who will advance priority foreign affairs and development issues on their return home.
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships provide people from the Pacific the opportunity to study at selected education institutions in the Pacific region, in order to gain and build the knowledge to influence their home country's development.
- ACIAR Fellowships
The ACIAR (Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research) Fellowships Scheme provides the opportunity for partner country scientists involved in ACIAR-supported research projects to obtain postgraduate qualifications at Australian tertiary institutions, through the John Allwright and John Dillon Memorial fellowships.
Over time, the Australia Awards are helping to build enduring links between Australia and a new generation of international leaders for the 21st century.
The Australia Awards in Indonesia program carries on a tradition of providing scholarships that have been offered by the Australian Government for more than 60 years. The objective of Australia Awards in Indonesia is to enhance Indonesia’s development through the contributions of internationally qualified professionals and a strong and positive relationship with Australia.
Since 1953, more than 9,000 Indonesian scholarship recipients have studied at Australian tertiary institutions through long term and short term study, with many going on to take leadership positions and make a significant difference to Indonesia’s development.
Australia Awards in Indonesia offers two types of scholarships: postgraduate courses (Long Term Awards) and intensive tailored short courses (Short Term Awards). The most able and promising candidates are given awards following a competitive selection process.
Successful graduates will become part of the Australia Awards Global and Indonesia alumni network, a vast and actively supported community of influential alumni.
- Study at post-graduate level (Masters and PhD) at your choice of Australian university
- Participate in tailored Short Term Awards for future leaders and decision makers from Indonesia to build strong links with Australia
- Benefit from in-Indonesia Pre-Departure Training and in-Australia Introductory Academic Program (for Long Term Awards), tuition fee, living expenses, return flights to Australia, reunion airfare (for Masters by Research and PhD scholarship recipients)
- Take part in an enrichment program to build connections between awardees and Australian counterparts with emphasis on organisational and professional linkages
- Join more than 9,000 Australia Awards alumni from Indonesia and more than 100,000 Indonesian alumni who have studied in Australian tertiary education institutions - together forming an influential and highly regarded alumni network
- Enjoy support for equal participation of women applicants, applicants with disability and applicants from designated Geographic Focus Areas (Aceh, East Nusa Tenggara, West Nusa Tenggara, Maluku, North Maluku, Papua and West Papua)